Friday 20 February 2015

Finchley Literary Festival

It's official! The Finchley Literary Festival is confirmed to run this year from Wednesday 20th to Sunday 24th of May. Exciting. 2014's festival was fantastic, despite my early attempts at a reading which was less than stellar. Not a complete disaster, thankfully, but you certainly couldn't accuse me of time wasting.  

Anyway, it is more or less confirmed that I will be running a workshop this year, planned for the Saturday at Church End Library. Full details are yet to be ironed out, but it will called 'Populating Fantasy' and will look at the creation of races and cultures in fantasy worlds. As while character development is extremely important, in epic fantasy world building is equally important. Creating living, breathing cultures can be just a complex if not even more so than individual characters and can make the difference between a good read and a fantastic read. I'll give more details on this at a later date.

There is also a possibility in the works of a separate writing workshop in the Colindale area, but that is very much in the early planning stage. The topic for this one has not yet been decided. This will likely be a free event but will be ticketed and restricted to a certain number of people. Tickets will be given on a first come first served basis. I can't really reveal any more details on this just yet but watch this space.

There have now been quite a few reviews on my novel posted on the various sites where it is stocked, and I have enjoyed reading them all. So many thanks to all those who have read the novel and posted feedback. I really do appreciate it as, for me, writing is not simply about making money, it is about entertainment and enjoyment, and it is great to know that all my hard work and that of the publisher is being enjoyed. 

Apologies for anyone following me on Twitter at the moment. Twitter is a work in progress, for me, I'm trying to work out just what to tweet about. My official Facebook page is a little unloved, too again apologies. 

Anyway, I'll get back to you all with more updates. Happy reading/ writing all!

No comments:

Post a Comment