Wednesday 18 February 2015

Long Time No Post!

Yep it's been a while. Apologies for that. Had some pretty bad internet issues that prevented me getting online long enough to post anything.

So what's happened since I last posted? Well there was NaNoWriMo. Despite the severe lack of internet which prevented me from researching in as much detail as I usually would, I made great progress with the Atlantis and the Game of Time sequel. There are massive chunks that need rewriting, and I will have to go back and check the historical details, now I have my internet back, but in consideration, I'm fairly pleased with what I accomplished during the month.

My dark fantasy novel 'The Hungering Shadows' is nearly complete. I'm just rewriting a few areas here and there. I've really enjoyed writing this one. I started it as a NaNoWrimo novel about three years back, I think. I hit 50,000 and then stalled as I usually do after NaNo is over and I rediscover my life... Well computer games rather than life. I went back to it over Christmas and finished it off. I've really had fun writing the main character of Twyfel as she is very changeable. She flips between almost human with feelings and emotions to nearly full demon and then back again, a lot. I find her quite an interesting character.

With this novel, I wanted to try my hand at writing a vampire type novel, just with a slightly different twist on the usual, I think overused, theme of bloodsucking teenage vampire falling in love with a human etc. My version has the more old fashioned form of a vampire which sucks souls/ life energy rather than blood, which is where the vampire myth originated. The setting is not in a modern real world setting with high schools etc but in a full epic fantasy setting.

Other than that, I've been playing a lot of computer games. Dragon Age Inquisition, Assassin's Creed Unity, World of Warcraft: Warlords of Draenor and the Dark Souls 2 DLC. You will be able to find out more about that on my gaming blog in a few days, once I've caught up with that.

Anyway, I think that's everyone caught up. My next post will be about my plans for the year, including the workshop I will be running, as part of the Finchley Literary Festival in May, so feel free to check back in a few days for that.

Happy writing or reading all!

No comments:

Post a Comment