Wednesday 4 June 2014

London Wetland Centre

Well with my dad still here for the day, I had to find something to do so we went to the London Wetlands Centre. I have to say that it is a wonderful place and it is deceptively large. From inside it is easy to forget that you're at the centre of a capital city, with the exception of the odd Lesser Spotted Bowing 747 flying overhead. We were really lucky with the weather too. It was bright and sunny, a little too sunny, actually, as I came back with some sunburn.

My only regret with the visit is that I couldn't get close enough to one of the herons to get a nice photo but I took plenty of other photos, 74 overall. Here are a couple of my favourites:





It is a wonderfully tranquil place, and I would love to take my laptop there, one day, and do some writing. Unfortunately, my laptop is six years old and has a battery that lasts less than an hour, so I don't think it is practical at the moment.

No comments:

Post a Comment